A sweeping sonic travelogue of Ireland featuring Karen Ashbrook on hammered dulcimer, Irish flute and pennywhistle and with special guests: David Scheim on piano, Bobby Read on woodwinds and percussion, Sue Richards on Celtic harp, Connie McKenna on guitar, Carolyn Surrick on viola da gamba and Myron Bretholz on bodhran.
Music Includes: Bank of Red Roses, Reaping the Rye, Connaughtman's Rambles, hornpipes, airs, The Osprey by Scottish musician and composer Dougie MacLean, and a prelude by J.S. Bach.
"Oh, the endless beauty of Celtic music! Nearly an hour of traditional tunes will leave you putty in the hands of master musicians, led by the magic of Ashbrook."
~ NAPRA Trade Journal
- Good Morning to Your Nightcap / Behind the Haystack (5:20)
- Connaughtman's Rambles (3:04)
- Over the Moor to Maggie / The Scholar (3:00)
- Slieve Gallen Braes / The Cabin Boy (3:07)
- The Two William Davises / Kean O’Hara (6:33)
- The Osprey © Dougie MacLean (2:59)
- Master Crowley's (3:03)
- Bank of Red Roses / The Castle / The Chess Tournament (3:56)
- Isabella Burke (3:55)
- Gan Ainm / Peaping the Rye (2:56)
- An Comhra Donn / Plains of Boyle (5:36)
- Prelude, Cello Suite#1 J.S. Bach (3:13)
- Fairhaired Child Set (5:43)