Grammy winner, Al Petteway, was voted #27 in a list of the top 50 acoustic guitarists of all time by readers of Acoustic Guitar Magazine. His original compositions have been featured on National Geographic Television and Ken Burn’s Mark Twain and National Parks films. He plays solo and with some of the biggest names in the music industry today which have won him international acclaim.
This new recording on the Dream Guitars label features custom made acoustic guitars hand picked for Al Petteway's performances. The CD was recorded with minimal processing and gives the listener a real feel for the sound of these amazing instruments and Al's genius guitar playing.
"An innovative guitarist with a rich dulcet sound that features a fusion of new and old."
~ Boston Globe
- I Don’t Want to Be Sad No More (2:51) – 1933 Martin 00-40H
- Blue Ridge Brambles (2:13) – Henderson D-28 Deluxe
- Breakin’ the Blues (3:32) – Greenfield G1
- When We Were Young (3:35) – Stotzel Guitars Zoe Small Jumbo
- Downhill Ride (2:14) – Blanchard Sugar Pine
- Saturday Night Strut (3:39) – Mountain Song Guitars (Ken Jones) Baritone Fan Fret
- Breton Dance (2:06) – Veillette Terz
- Late At Night (3:59) – Sobell New World
- Just One More Time (3:18) – 1928 National Reso-Phonic Style 1 Tri-Cone
- One Yellow Rose (2:20) – Petros Yellow Rose FS Cutaway
- My Solitude (4:40) – Buscarino Cabaret
- Raven’s Flight (3:26) – Tippin Crescendo Al Petteway Signature Series
- River (3:31) – Matsuda M1
- The Cuckoo / Reuben’s Train (3:33) – Circa 000
- Swannanoa (3:23) – McConnell OM
- The South Wind (3:23) – Tippin Custom Crescendo Fan Fret
All Songs are original compositions by Al Petteway