Celtic harp champion, Sue Richards brings a joyous and inventive spirit to traditional music from Ireland and Scotland. The evocative power of the Celtic harp has no greater genius than Sue Richards who was called "one of America's brightest stars" by the folk magazine Dirty Linen.
Voted #1 Album of the year!
WAMMIE Award winner resented by the Washington Area Music Association. (51:28 minutes)
"...a work of art. The clarity and tone of her instrument are among the most attractive attributes of her work. Her phrasing is often breathtaking on such airs as "Lament for Limerick" and "Cape Clear/Monaghan's Jig" where melancholy and celebration combine... surprising and inventive, the album enthralls and fascinates."
- Rock 'n Reel (U.K.)
- The Humours of the Joyce Country (2:34)
- The Rights of Man (3:16)
- Princess Augusta/ Miss Grant's Reel (2:00)
- Maple Leaf/ Bird in the Bush (3:10)
- Haughs of Cromdale/ Sgian Dubh/ Keep It Up (4:18)
- Lament for Limerick/ Lochaber No More/ Irish Lamentation (7:43)
- Itchy Fingers (2:39)
- Fiddler Dance the Light Strathspey/ Mor A Cheannaich/ Trip to Ponca City (3:47)
- Cro Kintaile (4:00)
- Cape Clear/ Monaghan's Jig (5:36)
- Mabel Kelly (3:30)
- Miss Hamilton of Auchincruive/ The Bonnie Lass o' Bon Accord (3:05)
- Fanny Poer (3:42)
- Tho I Go To My Bed, Little Sleep Do I Get (1:37)