Ensemble Galilei is an group of players from both classical and traditional backgrounds, playing Irish and Scottish airs and dance tunes, Early music and Medieval music, and original compositions with Liz Knowles on fiddle; Sue Richards on Celtic harp; Debbie Nuse on Scottish small pipes and fiddle; Kathryn Montoya on recorders, whistle, shawm and oboe; and Carolyn Anderson Surrick on viola da gamba.
Guest musicians include percussionist, Laura Jordan, and renowned uilleann piper and whistle player Kieran O'Hare. Their work matches the brilliant virtuosity of the group.
- Download from
Includes: a medieval set of dances is followed by an Irish march, followed by an original composition. A breathtaking, deeply orchestrated lament by Turlough O'Carolan followed by a stunning six minute fiddle solo. Recorded at Bias Studios in Springfield VA, with award winning engineer, Bob Dawson, and mastered by Airshow's Charlie Pilzer.
- Ductia/La Ultime Estampie Real/Salterello
- The Exile/The Rolling Wave
- The Watershed
- Old Innishowan
- Sir Arthur Shaen
- Sir Ulick Burke/ A trip to Galway/The Broken Pledge
- Alta la Spagna
- What Strikes the Clock?
- Bonnie Jean of Aberdeen/O'er the Moor, Among the Heather
- Flanagan's Waltz
- Wat zal men op den Avond doen
- Taimse in Choladh/Planxty Drew/Morgan Magan
- Ground after the Scotch Humour
- Oidhche Mhath Leibh
- The Labyrinth/Black Magic/Alexa Mason