Al Petteway & Amy White
A holiday celebration of winter's majesty with holiday classics, traditional Celtic carols and mountain melodies from the southern Appalachians performed on acoustic guitars, mandolin, banjo, Celtic harp, piano, fiddle, bass and percussion.
Al Petteway & Amy White, GRAMMY award winning artists, turn their talents to the celebration of the Holidays in their first national holiday release on Maggie's Music. It's a stunning follow up to the immensely popular Land of the Sky- music inspired by the Appalachian Mountains. A Scottish Christmas, featured on CBS-TV- Sunday Morning with AL Petteway. (56:45 minutes)
"Holiday and winter solstice celebration...
...sprightly, sensuous, sunny, entrancing and wonderfully evocative."
- The Washington Post
"Simply one of the finest albums of Celtic-influenced music you are likely to hear... stunning... awesome... majestic..."
- Dirty Linen Folk and World Music Magazine
Listen to samples of all tracks.
- Breakin’ up Christmas (4:10)
- Joy to the World / The Gift (4:36)
- The Holly and the Ivy (4:12)
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella (3:07)
- People Look East (3:21)
- Cherry Tree Carol (5:06)
- Into the Light (5:16)
- Roving on a Winter‘s Night (5:27)
- Aerial (3:49)
- Gabriel’s Message / I Wonder as I Wander (5:00)
- A New Year’s Carol / Sussex Carol / Tomorrow Will Be My Dancing Day (4:59)
- Christ Child's Lullaby (4:15)
- Star in the East / Born in Beth’ny (3:29)